Monday, March 3, 2014

Embossed Vellum

So glad I had a chance to play along with the technique lovers challenge on SCS today.  The challenge was to emboss on vellum, either dry emboss or heat emboss.  I chose to heat emboss a stamp from harvest berries by PTI using grass ink and clear embossing powder.  I also heat embossed my sentiment by Amuse.  Please excuse the bad photo.  The colors are really off.  I couldn't seem to fix them.  The embossed panel is adhered to a spring moss panel with washi tape.  I love using vellum but find it very challenging to adhere as it is very unforgiving as far as adhesive goes.  In hind sight, I should have used a darker cardstock under the vellum, but spring moss was calling my name, lol!  The sentiment is also heat embossed using gray flannel memento luxe ink and reads:  thanks for touching my life in so many wonderful ways.


Thanks for looking!  We have another snow day here in Virginia tomorrow, so hopefully I can play along with more challenges!!  Have a great night!

TTFN

Dawn

supplies:
stamps: harvest berries by pti, making a difference by amuse studio
ink: grass by amuse, gray flannel by memento luxe
washi tape
twine by maya road

1 comment: